The Warehouse Shipping/Receiving Clerk:
• Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments
• Assembles and prepares orders for shipment.
• Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items,
records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages
• Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet requirements.
• Maintains inventory of materials and supplies.
• Operates fork lift or handtruck to accomplish shipping/receiving duties.
• Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins.
• Maintains cleanliness throughout the warehouse and carries out facilities maintenance duties as needed.
• Organizes warehouse and work area for orderliness.
• Assists in production.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Three years or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating
and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure,
using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to
compute rate, ratio, and percent.